NMQA is an energetic community sharing, encouraging and mentoring quilters.
Through friendly, positive, welcoming relationships
- We educate – collaboratively teaching and learning.
- We serve – giving of our time and talents.
- We enrich the lives of people in our community.
- Effective governance includes effective core processes responsible financial practices: review core processes, financial processes by report to mar 2014 board meeting specific recommendations with budgets time lines.
- Develops comprehensive communications that will include but not limited to: speakers bureau report to the board by 3/14 with recommendations,budgets timelines.
- Develop strategies to diversify NMQA membership by surveys programs technologies report recommendations, budgets timelines
- Establish a value volunteer committee who will develop strategies to increase participation – report to board 3/2014 recommendations,budgets, timelines
- Clear job descriptions are provided to position holder and are updated every November prior to transition by the Vice President.
- By laws and standing rules are reviewed and updated every year by a group appointed by the President.
- Treasurer follows standing rules and recommends changes to the board & leads the budgeting process for next year in October of each year. Every other year CPA reviews NMQA books. Treasurer prepares documents for IRS submittal.
- Board meets 7 x’s a year – set schedule for standing meetings 1 year in advance.
New Things to Develop
- Need to develop a “no fee agreement” for all Board & committee members
- Draw up a Project Management Plan for Balloon Fiesta and Spring Fling and Major Projects
- Develop a standard plan template for all programs that includes final report & follow-up
- Explore and identify options for effective record keeping for the organization including physical archives and technological applications with index for location
- Create NMQA Origination e-mail checked & controlled by
- Research comparable origination due structures and provide recommendations to board of Directors before September renewals.
- Create & implement by September 2013 a streamlined renewal process
- Identify NMQA software needs, website hosting, budget & implementation plan that will include maintenance/updates
- Investigates technology needs for meeting & develop implementation plan.
- Use research & surveys of comparable origination's to identify new, innovative fundraising opportunities.
- Meet, prioritize plan implementations of New programming/fundraising
- Subcommittee reports out every January